Rabbit Season! Duck Season! No, it’s SchoolBench Spring Release Season… Fire!
Parashift is pleased to confirm SchoolBench Version 7 (aka Spring Release) will be made available next week. To upgrade, simply visit the Admin Panel and click the Check for Updates button after the 15th of November.
As SchoolBench is a collaborative project with school marketers, the Spring release includes a number of new features and enhancements to existing functionality, as requested by our client schools, as well as a few bug fixes.
- Newly created signature images will now initiate an automatic scan of your existing image repository to identify even more people.
- A popular request has now been actioned. New signature image logic extends auto tagging and facial recognition to teaching staff and school guests.
- To help improve accuracy with SchoolBench’s machine learning, verifying a student’s image will become easier with a pop up of their signature image, so you can run a visual comparison and make the right decision even easier.
- Another popular request has been keyboard shortcuts – we’ve listened!
- SchoolBench’s Admin Panel can now run tests on your Synergetic database to check for errors and report them back to you.
- A new Published To field makes it easier to track where images have been used, either in the Yearbook, on Facebook, or in newsletters. Of course, you can also filter on that field, making publication analysis now a breeze.
- The Admin Panel allows you to configure SSL for your SchoolBench site to improve security through encryption.
- Parent Permission, Tags and Published To fields now includes auto-suggestion to minimise the proliferation of names for the same classification.
- The Date and Size values in the table view have been formatted to make them more easily understood.