SchoolBench Summer Release 2019 is here
In case you didn’t notice, Summer is here! Anyway, we did, so it’s time for SchoolBench Summer Release to help you organise the new school year’s photos.
For clients, simply visit your Admin Panel tomorrow, and click the Updates button to receive access.
Here’s a summary what will be available, with more information made available in your online documentation.
For the School Marketeers
Facial Recognition Management
- Management of the bounding boxes for facial recognition has been made easier. Users can now make bulk changes to an image such as unassigning, removing and verifying people.
- Like any busy school, sometimes events overlap. If SchoolBench is unsure about what event a photo relates to; it will provide you with a suggestion or a list of options should multiple events be on at that time.
- Users can now edit their search results by sorting in the order of their preference.
SchoolBench Share Drive & Photoshop
- Accessing your images in a Share Drive and applications like Photoshop has been overhauled, and now better reflects the folder and file layout you are familiar with.
Custom Tags Protection
- Due to the growing usage of custom tags, SchoolBench now protects these amendable fields automatically when applying new custom tags.
For the System Administrators…
Single Sign-on (SSO)
- You can now implement SSO via Kerberos and Open ID Connect. This supports transparent login on premise and also using cloud providers like Azure AD and Google.
Nested LDAP Groups
- LDAP now supports nested groups, so you can reflect your permissions and roles much easier.
Trigger LDAP Sync
- Rather than waiting a day, you can now trigger LDAP Group/User Synchronisation from the Admin Panel whenever you make major changes.
Footnote: As SchoolBench is often an on premise solution; if you experience any issues upgrading due to your local environment, our support team is here ready to help. Merely log a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org.