Security Release v12.6.1
A new version of SchoolBench is now available, and this release centres on security as well as preparations for the future. With that in mind, we strongly recommend customers to update to this version as soon as possible.
While there are no new features contained in this release, there has been a focus on hardening SchoolBench’s security. There has also been much groundwork for future capability, including the new multiple algorithms (AI) earmarked for SchoolBench in 2021 and 2022.
In this release, the SchoolBench security enhancements include:
- Upgrading the session token to reduce hacking possibilities.
- SchoolBench Security Hub, a new and improved encryption and decryption system, centralising security in the SchoolBench ecosystem i.e. SchoolBench, Portal and Mobile.
- A new configurable time-based session key generator.
- Improved user security, logging out users with no activity for a period of time set by the school.
- Limits individual users to one browser session at a time to reduce the risk of identity theft.
- Upgraded the SchoolBench database to the latest security measures.
Parashift continues to take the security of SchoolBench seriously, and we commit to continually harden the security and work with our customers to that end.
For more information regarding this release, please visit our YouTube channel or contact firstname.lastname@example.org .